Sunday, July 14, 2013

BOOK REVIEW: The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah R. Miller

Wow, it's been a while since I last created a blog post. I've reviewed books every now and then but I haven't exactly been updating my blog. Sorry about that my readers. I've read a couple of books and have reviewed them on Goodreads though. Anyhoo, I literally just finished reading The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller a couple of minutes ago and I just had the sudden urge to actually update my blog. I got my copy a couple of weeks ago and I have to say that I did like this. It was a very quick read. The story revolves around a girl named Maddie btw.


First and foremost, I have to admit that I have this love-hate relationship towards Maddie. There are times when I actually find myself sympathizing with her. Other times, I felt like she was just too shallow for her own good. I sometimes feel like she didn't really give the people around her enough credit to actually like her despite her geeky side. Anyhow, I think she made up for her misgivings towards the end so yeah, in some ways I appreciated her. Haha. I did find Logan adorable. Haha. Oh yeah, weakness for hot geeky guys.

Overall, I really loved this book. It wasn't exactly a spectacular read or anything but it was enough to actually entertain me and give me a good laugh. I did have a bit of a hard time understanding some of the RPG terms but other than that I actually enjoyed it. I loved most of the characters except for Kelsey and Rayann who were both bitches. I'd give this a 4/5 stars though.

No comments:

Post a Comment