Wednesday, March 13, 2013

BOOK REVIEW: The Glimpse (The Glimpse #1) by Claire Merle

So, The Glimpse took me a week to finish. Yes, it took me that long because I had a change of pace in my work are and schedule. And for some reason, my brain power has been very odd lately. Meaning I'm a bit slow on the uptake.

Sorry about the ugly picture. I am seriously very lazy at the moment since I just got home from work but for some reason felt like writing my review since I really need to stimulate my brain cells after 8 hours of duty. Anyway, the novel's main protagonist is called Anna. For some reason, I really liked Anna. I don't know why. I just do. Maybe because she likes to get what she wants even if it means defying all odds. Though she tends  to make rash decisions and all the typical girl stuff. I did want to smack her every now and then for being indecisive. Oh well, typical love triangle dilemma. 

The two guys in the novel, Cole and Jasper are very different. One of them is a Pure while the other is just an ordinary citizen who happens to be very "unstable" according to psychiatrists. Anyway, I don't really want to say more because I don't really want to spoil the novel. But you'll be surprised to know the how's and why's of their connection to each other. 

Overall, I enjoyed the novel but not as much as I wanted to. Maybe because it started a bit slow for me. Nothing really went on during the first half of the novel but things started to turn around at the middle so yeah, I did have to get past the first half before I started enjoying it thoroughly. I do find the Pures and Crazies concept very intriguing. Especially for a medical personnel like me who has a background with psychological disorders I did enjoy this quite a bit. It just started quite slow but other than that I enjoyed this. I would definitely read the next one. The ending seriously made me say WTF?!

RATING: 3.5/5 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment