Saturday, February 16, 2013

NOVELLA REVIEW: Elixir (Covenant #3.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

I've put Elixir on hold a month ago when I finished reading Deity because I wanted to read this as soon as I get my hands on Apollyon. Unfortunately, I've been having Aiden St. Delphi withdrawals so I needed my dose of Aiden for the time being. Haha. Anyway, I've been really excited to read this the moment I got my hands on it since it is told in Aiden's POV and yeah, wouldn't that be so awesome?

This is only a novella by the way so it's quite short but I can assure you that this is just as awesome as the novels. I think I fell in love a bit more with Aiden if that is even possible. It was actually a bit difficult for me to read this since it shows the torments and pain that Aiden has been experiencing during that time. I really wanted to give him a hug since he was just so miserable. Don't get me wrong, I did like this novella quite a lot and I'm glad I got the paperback but it was just so hard for  me to read this because of everything that he and Alex had to go through. I did like his relationship with Deacon more in this novella. I really liked the fact that for some reason they were more open to each other during this time. Anyhow, I don't want to spoil Elixir for anyone who hasn't read this yet but yeah, it's a MUST read for fans.

It was well-written even if it is quite short. I think the other characters (Lea and Luke) were given more depth for some reason. I did like the fact that everyone stood by Aiden and Alex towards the end of this novella. Anyway, two thumbs up for  Jennifer L. Armentrout for writing this.

Rating: 5/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment