Monday, January 21, 2013

BOOK REVIEW: Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky #2) by Veronica Rossi

I've been pretty much excited about Through the Ever Night ever since I've finished reading Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi. This is probably one of my most anticipated reads of 2013 since its predecessor is one of my favorites from last year. Anyway, this definitely did not disappoint me in any way. I loved it as much as the first novel maybe even more.


So let's start with Aria. I can't even begin to explain how much I love her in this installment. My heart just went out to her every step of the way. She definitely went through a lot in this novel. And it just broke my heart. I'm just glad that Roar was with her every step of the way. I loved their interactions with each other. I just felt bad for her whenever she had to endure the insults and all. But I love her. I think she's one of those characters that I can't possibly hate at this point. Oh yeah, she's a kick ass heroine in this book.

Then of course, there's Perry. He's now the Blood Lord of the Tides. He's definitely fit to be a Blood Lord. I felt so bad for her and Aria since every time he wants to spend some quality time with her they always got interrupted or they have this fear of being discovered by someone. I just felt awful since he always had to think of his tribe's happiness before his own. But I do believe that he is fit to be Blood Lord.

Anyway, my months of waiting was definitely worth it. The shipment of this book was delayed and everything so I had to wait a couple of more weeks after its release date. I think the wait was worth it though. I loved every bit of it. I ended up finishing this in one night. I just couldn't put it down. I love the fact that there weren't any love triangles in this one since Perry and Aria managed to remain monogamous even if they did spend the majority of the book apart and that they had their doubts. That's actually something new when it comes to YA novels.Anyway, my love for Roar did manage to go up another level. I love his protectiveness when it comes to Aria. He treated her like his sister and to be honest that kind of love appeals to me. Anyhow, I loved this book. I love the writing style and I love the lines. There were funny and heartbreaking moments and I just wish that this book didn't have to end or that at least the third book would come out earlier. *crosses fingers* I just love the book. I actually loved it more than the first one and I still can't get over it. It was about survival and love that conquers obstacles, doubts and everything else that might come in between. Anyway, I think this is an easy 5/5 stars for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment