Friday, January 18, 2013

BOOK REVIEW: Pure (Covenant #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

After more than a month of waiting for my paperback of Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout I finally got to finish it. I don't know what it is with these Greek myth but everything about them fascinates me. Anyway, the main characters of the novel are Alexandria "Alex" Andros, Aiden St. Delphi and Seth.

To start with, I got kinda' annoyed with Alex at some point in the book. Don't get me wrong, I still like her despite everything but still she annoyed me because 1) she refuses to listen to anyone 2) she was indecisive at some point and 3) she just refuses to learn from her mistakes. Anyway, I still liked the fact that she was still the same old feisty girl from the first novel. I did like the subtle and not so subtle cuddly moments between her and Aiden and Seth. Don't ask. Just read the book. Anyway, I do believe that she deserves to be commended since her kick assy-ness somehow went up a notch in this book.

Moving on to Aiden St. Delphi. OMIGODS! Can I just drool over this guy? I just love Aiden. Obviously! And I just can't help but feel giddy and flimsy (WTF?! I just used flimsy here?) Anyway, obviously I'm at the brink of insanity here since I just can't help but drool over a fictional character again. I just love him. I love the fact that he was always so calm and calculated even if he tends to have these slip-ups with Alex. I love the fact that he loves her enough that he is willing to give up everything for her. I love Aiden and that's it. Haha.

And now there is the great Apollyon, Seth. He's just very mysterious. And I really feel bad for him at the same time since I feel like Alex is just settling for him. Honestly, no one deserves that. I really don't know what it is about him. He's dreamy. He's gorgeous and everything but there's just something about him that I can't put my finger on. Hopefully, we get to know more about him in the upcoming books.  
Overall, I think this one is as enjoyable as the first book. I did want to smack Alex from time to time but other than that she wasn't as unbearable as I imagined her to be. I really love the fact that she is still as kick ass as ever. I did feel bad for her when she ---- ----- that she ----- --- and then was -------- right then and there. Not gonna spoil it. Sorry. Bottom line is, I love the world the Jennifer L. Armentrout created. I love the characters and the storyline. The mention of Greek myths and everything added to the appeal but I think that is just the added bonus. It got me hooked the minute I opened the pages and started to live in the world of the Hematoi and Half's. I'd rate this 5/5 stars again. Obviously, I just loved it that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment