Monday, May 21, 2012

BOOK REVIEW: INSURGENT BY VERONICA ROTH

Insurgent by Veronica Roth is amazing. I love it but not as much as I loved the first one. Probably because of the fact that somehow Tris managed to annoy me a little. Anyway, the main characters of the story are still Tris and Four.



The story picks up right after the events from the Divergent.I honestly loved that book and that’s probably why I had very high expectations with this one. But I have to say that I didn’t like this as much as I liked the first one. I kinda’ missed the tough Tris. She was just too mopey for me in this book.I mean, I get it. She lost her parents. She killed Will. She went through a lot for a teenager and somehow managed to survive and all that.But I honestly still don’t get why she has to constantly lie. She has her reasons I know but that does not mean that she has to be Miss-Gloomy-I’m-On-A-Suicide-Mission-All-The-Time. Anyway, she redeemed herself in the end. I think she almost went back to being the Tris that I love from the first book.

And of course, there’s Four a.k.a. Tobias. I seriously liked him here. He’s probably one of the nicest book boyfriends out there. He was understanding and supported Tris through her Gloomy Bitch Phase. And I honestly admire him for that. I love the fact that he didn’t feel the need to be gentler to Tris just to get her back on her feet and his methods of getting inside her head somehow worked. Bottom line is I love Four and I hope he remains the same until the end.

Overall, I enjoyed this book but not as much as the first one since Tris annoyed me a bit. Not as much as Clary from TMI does.I still think she’s one bad-ass chick and I admire her for that. I’m giving this a 4.5/ 5 star rating and I’m recommending this to everyone. This is probably one of the best dystopians I’ve read which includes The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.

No comments:

Post a Comment