Monday, April 23, 2012

BOOK REVIEW: WHERE SHE WENT BY GAYLE FORMAN

I was able to finish Where She Went by Gayle Forman yesterday and I was seriously touched by this book. It follows the journey of Adam and Mia from If I Stay by the same author. It is set 3 years after the events from the first novel.


I've been looking for this book for quite some time now and I'm just so happy that I was finally able to get my own paperback copy. Anyhoo, the story is told in Adam's perspective 3 years after the events from the first novel.

First of all, I am seriously in love with Adam right now. I know, he's broken with all the angst of a rock star but I just can't help but love him despite his flaws. I loved him in the first novel and I loved him even more here. The book allowed the readers to dissect the way he thinks. I wanted to hug him from time to time. His interaction with Mia was just so heartbreaking I just couldn't help but cry in some scenes. Anyway, I loved the way things were written and I love him despite everything. He deserves whatever which I won't tell it is that he got in the end.

Then of course, there's Mia. I honestly have to say that I wanted to strangle her in some parts of the book. I just couldn't get why she did the things that she did. Adam did not deserve the things that Mia did to him. But then again, when she explained herself I simply could not help but sympathize with her. She was angry and she should be. She lost her entire family in a blink of an eye and somehow she needed someone to blame in order to live. Anyway, I still love her even if she did things that she shouldn't have.

Overall, I enjoyed this book as much as I enjoyed the first one. Adam's perspective was somewhat refreshing and it helped the readers get to know him even more as a character. The book was simply stunning, heartbreaking, mesmerizing and everything else all rolled into one. I loved this book and I love the way everything wrapped up. I wouldn't mind reading it again and again so I'm giving this a 5/5 star rating.

PS: I just got home from work and I'm just too lazy to take out my phone and use it to take a photo of my paperback so I'm just using something that I got from Google. Thank God for Google Images!

No comments:

Post a Comment