Tuesday, April 24, 2012

BOOK REVIEW: ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS BY STEPHANIE PERKINS

Obviously, I had nothing better to do today so I just ended up reading Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. I’ve been itching to get my hands on a paperback copy of this book but it always seems to be avoiding me. Anyhoo, I got my copy a few days ago with my cousin. The novel’s main characters are Anna and Etienne/ St. Claire.


I loved this book from the get-go. I loved the way it was written. I love the way it makes me feel giddy and happy as I flipped through the pages. I fell in love with Anna’s character. She’s just so adorable and believable as a character.And I could definitely relate to her in some ways except for the neat freak part. She’s a neat freak and as much as I want to be one I just can’t. I’m a messy person and that’s that. haha.Anyway, I loved the way she was written. There were definitely times when I just wanted to smack her or something. She likes keeping things to herself even if she’s very transparent in some ways and somehow that made things a little bit harder for her and Etienne. Anyhow, I still love her. I think she’s one of those adorable heroines in contemporary YA novels.

Then there’s Etienne St. Claire.Oh, Mr. St. Claire where are thou in this real world of ours?How can anyone picture someone this dreamy? Kudos to Ms. Perkins for creating this character. The Brit/ American/ French guy who swept Anna of her feet. I just love Etienne. I love the way he seems to be Mr. Perfect even if he has his flaws. I think the flaws made him more adorable for me.

The book is not just about young love. It’s about conquering your fears and admitting to yourself that no matter how strong or brave you are that a part of you will always be afraid to be alone. And sometimes you just have to fight in order to get what you want. I honestly loved everything about this book. The characters even the supporting one’s were just adorable. It’s one of those reads that I just can’t put down. I definitely see myself reading this again and again in the near future. I liked the fact that it made me smile as I flipped through the pages. There were no dull moments as I kept on reading. I’d definitely recommend this to everyone out there who is in love or at least wants to remember how it feels to be in love. I think I’m part of the latter though. I’d give this a 5/5 star rating. I can’t wait to get my hands on its companion novel which is Lola and the Boy Next Door.

No comments:

Post a Comment