Thursday, January 5, 2012

REMEMBRANCE BY MICHELLE MADOW

As some of you might have noticed I don’t really review the novels that I read chronologically. I prefer writing about the novel that I feel writing about at the moment. Anyway, Happy New Year everyone! First review for the year 2012!

I finished Michelle Madow’s debut novel Remembrance way back in December. And I think I owe this novel a decent review. To be perfectly honest I liked this novel a lot. The story is about reincarnation and making things right. Truth be told what got me to read this novel was the cover. The cover is simply gorgeous and I love it.



Reincarnation is another thing that caught my interest in this novel since I’ve never actually read a novel with that concept. I love the way the characters were written. Come to think of it, none of the female characters annoyed me in any way. Which is a good thing since I tend to get annoyed by whiny heroines. I love the whole “I-love-you-but-I-have-to-act-like-you-don’t-exist-to-protect-you” thing going on with Lizzie and Drew. I don’t know. I know it’s kinda cliche but I actually liked the way the author added it to the story. I actually find that very endearing. Or maybe I’m just really really weird? haha.

I actually liked Lizzie since she seemed so real. I mean she did like Drew or rather she has been attracted to him from day one but somehow she had mixed feelings and conflicts since her best friend is also attracted to the same guy. I mean, come on who wouldn’t be attracted to a hottie like him? Anyway, she just seemed so real as a person and I liked it.

Anyway, this is a must-read for those of you who believe in the reincarnation and stuff like that. Yes, the middle part of the story was somehow slow but I can guarantee you that the last chapters of the novel will make up for it. I’d give this a 4/5 star rating though. :)

Add me up HERE, MY MAIN TUMBLR ACCOUNT, MY BLOGGER ACCOUNT, GOODREADS, TWITTER and PLURK.

No comments:

Post a Comment