Monday, January 9, 2012

EXISTENCE BY ABBI GLINES

I finished reading Existence by Abbi Glines last night. Truth be told, I wasn’t really expecting that much since I wasn’t even able to finish The Vincent Boys by the same author. This is a story about Death falling in love with a not so normal girl named Pagan. Yeah, I know it’s so cliche but honestly I found myself liking this a little bit as I got deeper into the story.



The characters were written well, I guess. I liked Dank a.k.a. Death. Damn!
He’s one sexy bastard!
I wouldn’t mind dying if he will be the last thing I see. haha. Seriously, he’s so sexy! I actually understand Pagan’s attraction towards his character. I also liked the way he was written here. Not the typical Death with his scythe and cloak but Death, the sexy rock star.

Pagan annoyed me a bit though. I mean, I get it, she likes him but I think she was just too clingy to the point of making her unnerving. Plus, the fact that she has a hot boyfriend who loves her and yet she’s attracted with the sexy Death. Well, I can probably sympathize with her. haha. Leif is hot but Dank is sexy! And I like my men sexy!

The supporting characters were okay I guess. I liked Miranda who is like the rich bitch girlfriend. She’s the bitch in their friendship and yet you can see how much she loves Pagan. She’s not the typical selfish bitch best friend. She’s only a bitch when the need calls for it. Anyway, she’s my favorite female character in the book.

The writing was just okay for me. Not bad or excellent. Just something in between. The first and middle chapters were really slow for me. The end was nice enough though. It caught my attention because of that cliffhanger. haha. And because of that ending I just can’t wait to get my hands on the second book of this trilogy.

Rating: 3/5 stars

Add me up HERE, MY MAIN TUMBLR ACCOUNT, MY BLOGGER ACCOUNT, GOODREADS, PLURK and TWITTER

No comments:

Post a Comment