Thursday, December 29, 2011

CITY OF FALLEN ANGELS BY CASSANDRA CLARE

This is my last review for the year 2011 since I’ll probably be somewhere out there by tomorrow and won’t be back until the second of January so I’ll try to make this substantial as much as possible. I recently finished reading City Of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare. It’s the fourth novel from The Mortal Instruments series. It’s a new story arc that is set two months after the third book which is City Of Glass.

Here’s my review for City Of Glass.


To be honest, I had second thoughts before I decided to give this fourth installment a shot. I think the TMI trilogy ended perfectly so I was like “WTF?! A fourth book? This might ruin the series for me.” But then again, it was Cassie Clare so whatever, I decided to go for it. I finished this book yesterday and I have to say that I liked it. I liked the way it opened up with Izzy and Simon dating. I love those two and I love the way Ms. Clare wrote about how their story progressed since I’m not really a big Clary -Jace fan. Yeah, they had the spotlight in the first trilogy can Izzy and Simon have it this time? I actually found myself enjoying the story more than I enjoyed City Of Glass since Clary did not annoy me as much as she did in the previous novels. Simon and Izzy are like magnets. They’re complete opposites who can’t help but be attracted to each other. And I love them both! :)
Anyway, I think it’s kinda weird that people keep on complaining about those unanswered riddles. True, the story ended with a lot of “WTH?!” but I think that’s the exact purpose of first novels in every series.  The first novels should “introduce” the story, the characters, the conflict, etc. Hey! If the first one could answer everything then why make it a series? The upcoming ones should build up the climax while the last one should conclude everything. Well, yeah this isn’t exactly a first in TMI but a lot of things happened in the last two months, there are new characters involved and as I’ve mentioned earlier it’s a new story arc so a proper recap or whatever should be written. And I think City Of Fallen Angels did a great job at introducing everything that’s new in this story. So people, stop complaining. Read the last two novels. And if the hanging questions had not been answered up to that point then let’s all complain. haha. Bottom line is I can’t wait for the fifth novel! haha.
 
 I’d give this a 4/5 star rating.

Add me up HERE, MY MAIN TUMBLR ACCOUNT, MY BLOGGER ACCOUNT, GOODREADS, PLURK and TWITTER.

Currently reading The Infernal Devices: Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment